Re: can you create table "styles" in MSword - addenda

Subject: Re: can you create table "styles" in MSword - addenda
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- HOME -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:14:18 -0500

I sent my first response unintentionally with half-edited text at the
bottom. Sorry. To summarize:

My preference is to:
1. Create a separate Word doc that contains the pre-formatted table, with
any required headings and standard space before or after the table.
2. Create (or instruct my users on how to create) a three-step macro that
inserts the standard table in their current document.
3. Place (or instruct my users on how place) that macro in a button on
their normal or tables toolbar, and perhaps also in the tables menu.

I don't know how long it will take to format the original table, but
creating the macro and the button is a three-minute process. From thence
forward, inserting the properly formatted table in their document is one
click away.

--30--

Ed Gregory
http://www.members.home.net/edgregory/search1.htm