Part-Time Technical Writing

Subject: Part-Time Technical Writing
From: Lori Cattrell <loricattrell -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:40:10 -0700

I have a question that I thought someone on this list might be able to
answer. I've been working as a technical writer for about seven years.
I have two children at home, and I really want to spend more time with
them.

Have any of you ever known of companies that hire technical writers for
part-time positions? It seems to me the choices are full-time work or
contract. I'm too scared to take the leap into contract work right now
because I must have the income to pay the bills. I think I would spend
too much time worrying about finding the next job.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Lori

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=