OT(?): Experiences with Headhunter

Subject: OT(?): Experiences with Headhunter
From: "Beard, Samuel" <Samuel -dot- Beard -at- GSC -dot- GTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:48:49 -0700

Hey Gang,

Coming out of lurkdom to ask a question. Recently, I was contacted by a
headhunter that I had never heard of (not that that's any surprise, I'm not
familiar with hardly any headhunters!), and I was wondering in any on the
list had any experiences with this particular group. The company is
Southwestern Professional Services, based out of Nashville, TN. I have some
reservations about the company due to the nature of the contact. The
recruiter told me that someone that either used to work here or still does
told him about me and said that I was a software developer instead of a
technical writer. I think that anyone here that would know me and tell a
headhunter about me would know what I do. Another issue is the manner used
to contact me and the name given.
So, I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences, good or bad,
with this company. Or if you know of someone who has dealt with them. I'm
not currently looking for a new position, as I'm very happy with where I'm
at right now. However, as some on the list has pointed out in the past, it's
sometimes helpful to see what's out there and what others are doing.
Thanks much in advance and if interested, I'll post a summary of

Sam Beard
Technical Writer
GSC, GTE/GD

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=