Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 15 Aug 1999 to 16 Aug 1999 (#1999-121)

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 15 Aug 1999 to 16 Aug 1999 (#1999-121)
From: Robin Hilp <rolybear -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:47:11 -0700

Cheryle W <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM> wrote:
>Although I've been known to refer to myself as a Documentation Goddess
>or Word Monkey I prefer plain ol' Technical Writer.
>Technical Communicator sounds too darn ... well ... Dilberty for my
>taste. :)

Um, Cheryle, we're *Knowledge Managers*, remember?

... this relates back to the Versatility thread ... Besides user
manuals and procedure guides, we're designing Lotus database and
intranet applications, developing a style guide and implementing
document control, and designing process flows. And we were clearly
hired into positions labeled "technical writer". Knowledge manager
sounds awfully Dilberty but it *does* make sense ... IMHO we need
something that encompasses tech writer, tech editor, doc control, etc.
===
RolyBear ICQ 1863181 (Robin Hilp)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=