Re: Versatility - how much is a good thing?

Subject: Re: Versatility - how much is a good thing?
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:27:08 -0400

I have generally found that lone tech writers have to be more versatile than
tech writers that are part of a larger department. In a tech writing
department, each tech writer can have their area of expertise.

But the flip side of the coin (which is why I'm a lone tech writer) is that
versatility means higher compensation. If you feel you are being adequately
compensated for the variety areas in which you need to be an expert, and for
any grief/aggravation you have to put up with (impossible deadlines, etc.)
then
think of your paycheck every time you start to feel the pressure.

If you are not adequately compensated, that could be the source of your
dissatisfaction.

Adequate compensation is a relative term though, don't expect the moon and
stars - just more than your average run of the mill tech writer.

Just my opinion.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=