NewJob: Seeking Advice

Subject: NewJob: Seeking Advice
From: Karen Field <KarenF -at- TRITECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:37:23 -0700

Hello, All.

I've just accepted a very exciting opportunity with a company that develops
software/Web sites for clients who do all their business on the Web (think
amazon.com as an example of this type of company). I'll be their first and
only tech writer. at least for awhile. I have two questions:

Any advice from anyone who's gone in as a first tech writer to a company?
Like setting up document files, educating everyone about what a tech writer
does, etc.? In this company, the engineers have been doing all the
documentation, so I want to tread carefully and yet help everyone understand
that I'm there to help them.

Also, any advice on developing documentation (printed and online) for
Web-based applications? How is it different from other types of software?

Feel free to reply to me directly at karenf -at- tritech -dot- com -dot-
Thanks in advance.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=