Re: USAGE: Drill down

Subject: Re: USAGE: Drill down
From: Nancy Smith <smithcds -at- ICI -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 10:45:10 -0400

I have heard and used the term in more than one database software company.

In the company where I previously worked, it was the only term that made
sense. If the user clicked on a specific graphical data element, another
window popped up with further details about that data.

However, I would hyphenate drill-down in the example you gave, because the
marketing person is using it as a noun. As a verb, use "drill down to..."

Nancy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=