Re: ADMIN: Pls don't change subject lines

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Pls don't change subject lines
From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:55:14 -0400

I more-or-less agree with this. However, if this rule is going to be
promulgated, I think there should be others that say:

"Please don't go off on a tangent from someone else's message WITHOUT
changing the subject line."

and

"Don't EVER leave 'TECHWR-L Digest Number XYZ' as your subject line."

We've all made these mistakes at one time or another. I always end up
kicking myself for forgetting to look at the Subject: before I send a
message out.

SRH

> When replying to a message, can we puh-leeeze resist the desire to
> rewrite someone's subject line? It's a lot easier for us to follow
> message threads when people don't arbitrarily change subject lines.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=