Re: Framemaker macros and patches?

Subject: Re: Framemaker macros and patches?
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:36:17 -0400

On 8/12/99 12:17 PM, DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM (DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM) wrote:

>How do you create macros in Framemaker? It seems that no one can tell me
>this. If you can create macros in Frame, are there any patches that exist
>for Framemaker that would allow you to create macros and then assing them
>buttons or keystrokes (just like my beloved Word used to do)?

You don't say which platform you're on, but FrameMaker for the MacOS is
fully AppleScript-able, with an extensive (and pretty powerful)
dictionary as well as full access to FrameMaker's built-in fcodes.

Their UNIX versions have scripting support built in, although I'm not
sure how you get to it. Check the documentation.

For Windows, you can use a commercial product called FrameScript:

http://www.frametools.com/framescr.htm

They have a Mac beta of their product as well, for that "write once, run
anywhere" excitement.

Hope this helps,
----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=