Re: help with a strong word

Subject: Re: help with a strong word
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:06:43 -0400

I like your original idea. Title the section "Don't Do This," or if you
want to be more explicit, "Don't Do This Unless..."

I have always liked colloquial section headings, especially when you want
to surprise the reader, as in this case. I've seen manuals with an early
section called "Read This If You Don't Read Manuals" that contained a
vital summary of the information the user would otherwise have skipped.

In a case like this, your main weapon is Shock and Surprise... er, your
two main weapons are Shock and Surprise, and an almost fanatical devotion
to the truth. Um, three... three main weapons... oh, never mind.

----->Mike

On 8/11/99 8:59 AM, Kevin McGowan (mcgowan -at- LORAN -dot- COM) wrote:

>Yes, we must document this, and yes, there will be warnings all over it,
but
>we need a title that clearly says "don't do this" without actually saying
>"don't do this."

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=