Framemaker macros and patches?

Subject: Framemaker macros and patches?
From: DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:17:26 -0400

Greetings!

I've search in the archives and on the Internet in general, but I came up
with squat.

How do you create macros in Framemaker? It seems that no one can tell me
this. If you can create macros in Frame, are there any patches that exist
for Framemaker that would allow you to create macros and then assing them to
buttons or keystrokes (just like my beloved Word used to do)?

I've looked in the online help for Frame about macros. It assures me that it
is possible to create macros, but it fails to mention exactly *how* to do it
(it looks like this was written by a car salesman (all pudding and no
proof)). Oh sure, the online help says to look it up in the Customizing
Framemaker online manual, but there is no reference to macros or triggers
anywhere. ARGH!! I've even checked out Classroom in a Book about Framemaker,
but there doesn't seem to be any references to macros anywhere.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

They say that the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=