Re: Word Documents to PDF Style

Subject: Re: Word Documents to PDF Style
From: Dan Lewis <danlew -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:11:12 -0400

on Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:40:38 -0400
jane <judydh -at- TOTAL -dot- NET> wrote:

>Here's what I would do:

>If your setup program is on the same CD as your docs, have the setup
install
>WordViewer (if possible), and change a registry key on their system so that
>Word Viewer becomes the default opener of documents with a Word 6 or 97
>*.rtf (or some other non-doc or dot file).

A word of caution here. If someone were to so change my registry settings
without asking, I'd be hopping mad. I frequently use word to edit RTF
files (as in creating winhelp) and I would be more than a little annoyed to
find WordViewer being called by a click on an rtf file. I would strongly
caution against making changes to a user's system which have broad
implications for performance beyond the scope of the installation you are
performing.

-Dan Lewis
Vitel Software,
Worcester, MA