Re: PDF---Adding a graphic and linking to online help

Subject: Re: PDF---Adding a graphic and linking to online help
From: Michael Schiesl <Mpschiesl -at- RA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:03:41 -0500

Melinda,

Adobe Illustrator can act as a full-function PDF editor. You can add, edit,
change, and manipulate graphics and text (plus their respective styles
and attributes) just about any way that you wish.

You don't have to do any special importing/exporting like some other
programs (Illustrator can open and save multi-page PDFs as a native
format), you are not bound by the constraints of Exchange (one-line
text editing), and don't have to spend time recompiling PDFs.

The only thing I would say is make sure that your colors and fonts turn out
the
way you want (screen/printer). I've noticed that Illustrator doesn't always
play nicely with TrueType fonts, and sometimes colors of a PDF output
are not as perfect as a true *.ai file (prob due to downsampling).
Otherwise,
this has been a very helpful feature of Illustrator that I've been happy to
discover.

If you have Illustrator, give it a try...

Michael Schiesl
Rockwell Automation Product Documentation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=