Re: Editing PDFs

Subject: Re: Editing PDFs
From: Melissa Morgan <mmorgan -at- INTREPID -dot- CDG-HARGRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:14:50 -0500

Frederique Courard-Hauri asks:

>I may have already mentioned this along another conversation line, but
>couldn't you just distill those pages (or sections) which have changes?
Then
>you could use the Replace Pages feature to stick them in where they
belong.

It's been a long day, and perhaps I'm not thinking
straight, but what if the change comes in the last
part of a page, and is just big enough to throw off
the flow of the next 3 pages. Wouldn't that mess
up the numbering in the PDF file when the changed
pages are inserted? I have not worked with PDFs
at great length, so I'm wondering if there's something
I'm missing here.

When you create a PDF, it pulls the page numbers
as they appear on the printed page. If you insert text
that causes another page to be added, those page
numbers within the file are not changed without
re-distilling, are they? I mean, the PDF viewer would
then say there are more pages, but the actual page
numbers within the PDF will not change, right?
If I'm wrong, could someone then tell me how you
would go about inserting and adjusting autonumbers
in the PDF?

Melissa Morgan
mmorgan -at- intrepid -dot- cdg-hargray -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=