Re: Index marking in Word

Subject: Re: Index marking in Word
From: "Mason, Catheryn" <CMason -at- INFINITEC-COM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 16:43:18 -0500

Archie:
Actually, marking and preparing an index in Word is a feature that I really
like -- I think it's an easy to use, flexible, reliable feature. I, also,
really like indexing (a fellow sickie). All of our documents, at the moment,
are in Word, and each contains index tags. I have not yet attempted to index
across documents, but there has been a recent, brief discussion of that on
this list. One caveat: in order to get my index to output as I want it to, I
do not use Insert --> Index and Tables, but instead use Insert --> Field and
build the index from there using the Options sub-menu. In general, my
feedback on using Word's indexing feature is positive.

Catheryn Mason, Technical Writer
Infinitec Communications
cmason -at- infinitec-com -dot- com
Winner, 1999 IABC Bronze Quill Award of Excellence for Technical Writing

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=