Re: HTML-to-paper

Subject: Re: HTML-to-paper
From: Elisabeth Zakes <ezakes -at- PLANVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:23:00 -0500

On Friday, August 06, 1999 2:11 PM, Sandy Harris [SMTP:sharris -at- DKL -dot- COM]
wrote:
> Given a couple of dozen heavily interlinked HTML files (all text and
> tables, no graphics) that (partly) document a product, and a fairly
> urgent need for some print documentation as well, what tools will do
> the conversion?
>
> I have Word and can just cut & paste HTML into it, but that messes up
> some links and does moderately awful things to format. I've also got Frame
4 and Word Perfect 8
> accessible if req'd.

If you have Word 97, right-click on the file and select Open with Word (or
open Word and open the html file). Save As a .doc. If you do this for each
file, the links should remain intact, and formatting is fairly easy.

Elisabeth B. Zakes
PlanView, Inc., Austin, TX
ezakes -at- planview -dot- com
http://www.planview.com