Re: alternative to numbering

Subject: Re: alternative to numbering
From: Howard Billington <hb -at- PENCIL -dot- U-NET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:00:18 +0000

depends why management want to use them. for document management reasons or
for reader reference.

if it's for document management i'd suggest to your boss that you use the
section headings. thus they are invisible - aesthetics satisfied - whilst
still there. maybe format so the heading-text lines with the body text -
kind of half out-dented <g>.

an alternative is to set the shade to 0% for those characters.

howard

(who's just remembered what copy & paste can do, too...facilitate a 30
second reply amongst other things...*blush*...)

> Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 07:27:28 -0700
> From: Joanne Grey <j_grey -at- WRITEANGLES -dot- COM>
> Subject: alternative to numbering?
>
> Hi, everyone! Once again I find myself in search of information that
> I'm sure at least some of you have run into.
>
> We are producing two rather large docs (about 700 pages each) that will
> be translated into multiple languages. because of this, management wants
> to move to a numbered heading system - like the military, where the
> Heading 1 is "Section 1", heading 2s are "Section 1.1" heading threes
> are "Section 1.1.1" and so on.
>
> The doc manager would like to avoid this for aesthetic reasons. Has
> anyone used an effective alternative.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -joanne

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=