Re: Legal liability, take II

Subject: Re: Legal liability, take II
From: Kathi Knill <kathi -dot- knill -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:29:41 -0400

I don't know if I am the only person who feels like this, but what is all
this talk about suing anyway? Aren't we a friendly list? If someone on
this list takes themselves so seriously that they are imparting "the one and
only word," I don't think this is the forum for it. And if it is, Eric
please remove me from this list at once. I share my knowledge with others
in my field because I like helping others whenever I can (go ahead, call me
crazy!). I ask for and receive information, hopefully in the same light. I
am positive that would not change whether I paid a subscription price or got
it for free!
Now, as for legality, because obviously there may be someone out there who
would think of suing because information he got cause problems for him, a
simple disclaimer could be signed when you subscribe to the list, and that
would be that.
I'm closing now. I just had to say something because I am a little tired of
this world always wanted to sue someone in order for someone else (sometimes
anyone else!) to take the blame!
Kathi Jan Knill
Senior Technical Writer

Wherever we've travelled in this great land of ours, we've found that people
everywhere are about 90% water.-David Letterman.