Re: JavaHelp control files

Subject: Re: JavaHelp control files
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:26:21 -0700

You wrote:

> I would like a small utility to construct the simple xml-based control
> files ("metafiles") used by JavaHelp: the helpset file (.hs), the TOC, the
> index, etc.
>
> Does anyone know of a utility that merely helps you make these JavaHelp
> metafiles?

HTML Indexer creates the index (.xml) file and the map (.jhm) file that you
need to populate the Index tab and to call topics from the application.

(HTML Indexer does not create a helpset or TOC file.)

See the HTML Indexer web site for more information.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3.1, still the easiest way to create and maintain
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=