JavaHelp control files

Subject: JavaHelp control files
From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:30:46 -0700

Hello,

I and another couple of writers are writing plain HTML help topics to be
displayed in JavaHelp/Oracle Help (which can use the same control files).
We're using a simple HTML tool, PageMill.

I would like a small utility to construct the simple xml-based control
files ("metafiles") used by JavaHelp: the helpset file (.hs), the TOC, the
index, etc.

I see no compelling reason to change over to one of these full-blown,
hundreds-of-dollars packages like RoboHelp, HelpBreeze, ForeHelp etc., just
for their TOC and index utilities.

Does anyone know of a utility that merely helps you make these JavaHelp
metafiles?

My next choice is to do the files by hand, which I have already done
successfully.

Thanks,
Mark Giffin

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=