Re: Word mail merge too short?

Subject: Re: Word mail merge too short?
From: "Carl L. Young" <carl -at- DIGIPUBCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:02:32 -0700

Although I am a FrameMaker advocate, I do like Word's mail merge feature a
lot. I've done 500-page catalogs using Word's mail merge feature.

I've never run into a page limitation with Word mail merges--you just have
to understand Word's way-to-subtle approach. The only tricks to multi-page
mail merges are to include a page break on the bottom of the mail merge
template, and to insert the next record variable. Word then just bangs out
page after page.

It's my favorite method of doing quick and dirty database publishing.

I then import the Word file into Frame, using matching templates, and I have
a great-looking catalog.

Regards,
Carl
Carl Young Adobe Certified Training
DigiPub Solutions Corp. Provider
602.788.6512 FrameMaker and Acrobat
Adobe Premium VAR
www.digipubcorp.com Chrystal Software Aspen
Partner
Consulting, training, information development and
conversion services provided throughout the U.S.