Re: chapter-page numbers.

Subject: Re: chapter-page numbers.
From: Kathi Jan Knill <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:34:29 -0400

Didn;t anyone ever tell you that no question is a bad question,
no matter how "elementary" it may seem?
Anyway, to fix it so that you will get your pages numbered so
that you have
section# - page#, all you have to do is set your "chapter"
heading level (in your case 2) to include the numbering. To do
this use the Format>Styles menu. Click Modify and select
numbering. Select one of the options or customize your numbering
scheme. Then when you format your page numbering (Insert>Page
Numbers...) you make sure that the Include Chapter Number
checkbox is selected and that the Chapter starts with style is
set at the Heading you just modified (again for you it is Heading
2).

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to contact
me off-line.

Kathi Jan Knill
Sr. Technical Writer
Template Software
Kathi -dot- Knill -at- Template -dot- com
You have to do what you love to do,
not get stuck in that comfort zone of
a regular job. Life is not a dress rehearsal.
This is it.