Question: X, Y stoppers

Subject: Question: X, Y stoppers
From: Nana Kato <nana -at- TENRYUTECHNICS -dot- CO -dot- JP>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:55:29 +0900

Hello to you all,

Could anybody answer my question, please?

My question is as follows:
Suppose there is a rectangular table with blocks on its right
and front sides. These blocks are used for locating a tray
on the front right corner of the table (against which a tray is fitted).
The right-side block is parallel to the Y axis, the front-side block
to the X axis. If I were to name these blocks using "X" or "Y"
references, is the right-side block (parallel to the Y axis) called "Y
block"
or "X block"? Although the right-side block is aligned in the Y-axis
direction, the purpose of this block is to determine the "X coordinate"
of the tray. In this respect, it must be called "X block"???
Or "X" or "Y" references may not be a good idea from the beginning???

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Nana Kato
nana -at- tenryutechnics -dot- co -dot- jp

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=