Re: problem printing PDF

Subject: Re: problem printing PDF
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:34:42 -0400

Okay:

One person posted the answer to me, it's a bug. However, I had to verify
that (no offense to the person who provided the answer and whose name I no
longer have ;?).

After six hours of sleuthing and phone calls from East to
West coast, and back, here's the scoop per an Adobe developer
guru:

A PDF that contains a PDF (as my FrameMaker doc did) can
have a problem being printed to a PostScript printer. This is
a newly discovered BUG. There is no problem printing these
kinds of files from PCL printers.

There is no alpha, beta, or released fix for this. Look for
a fix to be available August 9.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

<snip>
>>>Is there a known issue with printing a PDF of a PDF to
>>>PostScript printers?
>>>
>>>Also, is there an email address at Adobe where I can receive
>>>support and/or get the problem file looked at . . . seems
>>>like a bug and my support options are gone?

<snip>
\
>>>Thanks for the help.
>>>
>>>Sean