Re: Urgent - Landscape & Tables

Subject: Re: Urgent - Landscape & Tables
From: Bev Lockhart <bl -at- SEATTLELAB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:11:31 -0700

By now you may have fixed this, but this is what I do...

I shorten (well, actually de-widen!) those tables in one doc where I can
see the whole thing, then copy into my final doc. You have to play with
the columns after that, to make them look pretty, but at least the table is
no longer running off into never-never land.

I have to do this all the time with the technical tables one of my PMs
gives me (in 8.5x11) before I can copy them into the manual size (1/2
letter-Wordyuck).

Another thing I have tried is making a graphic out of the doc (I do it in
Photoshop), then rotate it and insert in Word. This worked well for a
huge screen shot that overwelmed my manual format. (The only tricky part
was making sure it was facing the right way when the manual got printed.
My printer has a habit of inserting pages where I don't want them,
especially near the TOC.)

Bev Lockhart

>The tables will only go so far over and no farther. They get about three
>quarters of the way across the page before disappearing. I've been
>fiddling round with page setup and rulers, to no avail.
>
>Anyone knoe what the problem is and how to fix it? I'm rapidl running
>out of time here!
>
>TIA,
>
>Aoidin
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==