Re: Proportional fonts

Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
From: Bev Lockhart <bl -at- SEATTLELAB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:38:47 -0700

It must have been a blonde day. Thanks to all of you for explaining to me
how this works.

I heard (from my assistant) that I set off a wildfire on my white space
question. I guess I had better go check out all the flames!
Is anybody getting any work done out there?

The sun is shining; where's my laptop?!

At 06:10 PM 7/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Unless they are specifically monspace fonts they are proportional. Ariel is
>proportional. Compare the amount of space the letter i takes compared to the
>letter p. If they take up different amounts of space, then the font is
>proportionals. Almost all fonts are proportional.
>
>David W. Locke

Bev Lockhart
Documentation Editor

Seattle Lab, Inc. PHONE: (425) 825-7012