Digital audio editing systems

Subject: Digital audio editing systems
From: Tom Campbell <klook -at- EUDORAMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:33:17 -0400

Hi Hans,
[Disclaimer: I am not a radio or audio professional, just an enthusiastic hobbyist.]

Sure, there are plenty of tools for recording and editing audio (and virtually all the good ones are available for Mac), but apparently what sets Dalet apart is that it is also used for archiving, sharing, and distributing sound files. The CBC probably wants you to use their system for those reasons.

Here's some information about the Dalet system from the National Public Radio website:
http://www.npr.org/inside/press/981215.dalet.html

By the way, here's a nice irony for you: Dalet comes from France, so the name must be a homonym for "delay." "In today's fast-paced, competitive world of news gathering, you've got to have 'delay'."

---
Tom Campbell
"I try to leave out the parts that people skip."
--Elmore Leonard

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=