Software term lists

Subject: Software term lists
From: Jill Clay <JILL_CLAY -at- NON-HP-PALOALTO-OM8 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:18:28 -0700

Hi, sorry, me again. I also meant to ask, in my previous note - while
I don't think AECMA's Simplified English list is appropriate for the
software industry, I *do* agree we need somethign similar. Does
anything like this exist? Should I write one and make millions
selling it? (Riiight)
THe closest thing I've seen so far is Microsoft's style guide. It
tells you which terms to use, how each term is used, etc. For example,
it would tell you when to say "dialog box" and when to say "window."
But, it's kind of Microsoft-centric - I'd like to see a "universal"
one (as universal as is possible!).

Regular computer-term dictionaries don't fill the bill for me. I want
something that guides my writing - you know - avoid this term, use
this instead, etc.

Thanks!
Jill

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=