Re: Document Management Software

Subject: Re: Document Management Software
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- HOME -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:12:01 -0700

Samantha Wrigley wrote:
>What document management software do people use? How do you get
>official sign-off on the documents?

I am aware of several document management software packages for
enterprises. Some of them have an electronic signatures feature if you
need the signature in the document. Some have a routing option that
allow you to control how a document is routed and whether the or not
there was agreement with the routed document.

Some of the document management software packages I know of are:

DOCS Open by PC DOCS INC. - a medium range product for
small to very large enterprises (works with Sybase, MS SQL
and Oracle)
DOCUMENTUM by Xerox - a high range product usually for
large enterprises who can afford an Oracle DBA
IMANAGE - a lower range product for small to large enterprises.
I'm not sure what database(s) this works with

There are many more, but these are the ones that come to immediately to
my mind.

-Dianne Blake
write-it -at- home -dot- com
http://members.home.net/write-it