Invitation to Survey

Subject: Invitation to Survey
From: Paul Dombrowski <pdombrow -at- MAIL -dot- UCF -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:31:56 -0400

I am writing to invite those interested to take a survey about our new
Ph.D. program in Texts and Technology, now in the needs assessment phase
of advanced planning. The program explores the relationship between
technology and discourse of all kinds from written texts to sounds bites
to splash pages. Texts include everything from commercial messages and
instructions, to virtual reality and training, to entertainment and art.
It will both study the past and anticipate developments in the future.
Studies will include both academic and commercial components, with the
students choosing which to emphasize. Please excuse duplicate
postings--we are reaching out to a broad audience with this
multidisciplinary program. Our official invitation follows:

The Department of English at the University of Central Florida is
proposing to the Florida Board of Regents a new Ph.D. degree in Texts
and Technology. To meet the Board's requirements, we are seeking
this new degree program. Please help us by completing this short survey
form located at http://ucf.edu/~english/phd.html
We promise that we will use the data collected from this site for this
needs assessment only, and the anonymity of all responses will be
protected. Thank you.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=