Re: Definition of COTS Documentation

Subject: Re: Definition of COTS Documentation
From: Kate Skilton <KNSkilt -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:23:29 -0400

Scott -

We're dealing with electronic equipment, specifically the materials
handling industry. Basically there is a discrepancy in what we consider
COTS and what one of our customers does. I am trying to determine if the
information contained in our operations and technical manuals meets the
"standard" for a COTS product. That's why I asked if there is a group of
items/information generally considered to be necessary in COTS
documentation.

Kate Skilton
Engineering Technical Writer
knskilt -at- accusort -dot- com

>>> Scott Havens <SHavens -at- Elcotel -dot- com> 11:05:10 AM 7/15/99 >>>
I think you need to specify the type of business/product you're dealing
with
before anyone can answer the question very well. What's COTS in one
industry may be nothing like COTS in another! Could we get more info?

SRH

> Hello All -
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there knew if there was any kind of a
> standard set up defining what exactly is contained in COTS
> documentation. Or, is it merely a term used by a company to state
what
> is considered standard for them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kate Skilton