Re: Definition of COTS Documentation

Subject: Re: Definition of COTS Documentation
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:18:01 -0500

In our company it means Commercial Off the Shelf. Typically, it is used
when a system is comprised (partially or fully) of existing equipment and,
thus, existing documentation.

Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Staff Writer/ Web Applications Developer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://maps.intergraph.com

> Hello All -
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there knew if there was any kind of a
> standard set up defining what exactly is contained in COTS
> documentation. Or, is it merely a term used by a company to state what
> is considered standard for them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kate Skilton
> Engineering Technical Writer