Re: STC conference experience

Subject: Re: STC conference experience
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:07:15 +0000

I can think of only one reason to attend. There is this presentation called
"Estimating and Bidding Freelance and Contract Projects." It should be really
cool. It is presented by this egotistical jerk, Andrew Plato. I hear he is
going to fold space and eat live hamster in the presentation. It also promises
to be an hour of thrills and chills as Andrew discusses the adrenaline filled
world of estimating projects. Nude attendees get a free bag of plastic stuff.

Personally, most conferences are a bore. But it's a great excuse to get out of
the office and meet people.

Andrew Plato
Still Self-Absorbed After All These Ears

--- Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I recently received a brochure for the 1999 STC Region 7 Conference, with
> the dubiously title of "Still Writing After All These Years" (find it online
> at http://www.stc-psc.org/region7/index.html). Though I've only been a
> technical writer for a couple years, I'm considering attending. I'm
> wondering if anyone could share their experiences about STC conferences, and
> in particular preceding versions of the Region 7 conference. I'm also
> somewhat perplexed by the remarkably low price -- $150 for STC members
> registering before August 15. Is this the "poorman's conference"? Is it
> worthwhile? Thanks. DB.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=