Re: I'm gonna be an Indexer!! - SUMMARY

Subject: Re: I'm gonna be an Indexer!! - SUMMARY
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:23:23 -0700

Hi everyone

I definitely agree. I figured that, if the list and ADMIN wanted every
(well most) responses to be public, the list would have been set up so it
was easier to answer publicly than personally.

In fact, several times since I have been on this list the ADMIN has
specifically asked that responses to specific threads be handled
privately instead of publicly, and has gone so far as to prohibit posting
to the list for a set disciplinary time for not following the advice.

Therefore, it seems that it is up to the respondee to ask that his/her
response be kept private if it is so wished. In other words, we must own
our own words and make it known if the particular response should be kept
private.

That's my 5c

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs. & portraits from
photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
etc. - Amway Dealer - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman

<snip>
I have assumed that the main purpose of
>responding off-list was to prevent deluging the
>list with comments or information which may be only of limited
>interest to others. It is then courteous and
>helpful of the recipient to summarize the information if he feels it
>was useful, and wants to share it.
<snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=