JOB: Tech Writer, San Francisco

Subject: JOB: Tech Writer, San Francisco
From: Robin Whitmore <robin -dot- whitmore -at- CYGENT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:01:05 -0700

To apply for this position, please send your resume via email (as an
attachment, Word 97 preferred) to:
jobs -at- cygent -dot- com

Job Description

The full-time, salaried Technical Writer position is an essential part of
our fast-paced product development team. Individuals contribute to all
aspects of documentation for a new e-commerce software product designed
specifically for the rapidly growing telecommunications industry. This
position involves working both independently and as part of a small team.

Your role as a Technical Writer will be to develop top quality documentation
in all media including online help, online and printed manuals, web-based
information and knowledge bases, as well as contributing to the overall
usability of the product. You must possess excellent interview skills and a
keen sense of curiosity, as prior documentation for the product does not
exist.

Qualifications

Mandatory Qualifications:
* 2+ years technical writing experience in software development environments
working closely with engineers
* Ability to work independently within a fast-paced, small team environment
* Ability to write clearly and concisely about technical concepts
* Knowledge of FrameMaker, online help authoring tools, and HTML tools
*Be able to work on-site in San Francisco (please note: at this time, we do
not pay relocation expenses)

Recommended Qualifications:
* Some knowledge of: Internet technologies, client/server systems,
object-oriented architecture and concepts, C/C++ or Java development, SQL
databases
* Experience documenting APIs, development tools, and techniques
* Print production and online production processes knowledge
* Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science or related
field
* Telecommunications industry knowledge a plus

Cygent

OUR PRODUCT is an eCommerce solution that will radically change the way
customers interact with their telecommunications providers. We are using
state-of-the-art technologies, such as Java, enterprise middleware,
distributed object frameworks, workflow, and rules-based processing to
deliver our application to subscribers over the Internet, across intranets,
and through retail point-of-sale kiosks.
We intend to be the dominant player in this multi-billion-dollar
marketplace.
WE ARE a dynamic, fun company that likes to work hard and play hard. We
believe that a great attitude and a quick wit can beat extensive experience,
and are willing to provide the right candidate with appropriate technical,
functional and managerial training. Our team will share with you their
extensive experience in developing and deploying high-volume,
mission-critical Internet applications in a cooperative work environment.
We provide a competitive salary, generous employee stock options, and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes a 401K plan. Our offices are
in an ideal SOMA location, easily accessible by CalTrain and MUNI. Join us
for a
fast-paced ride to success!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=