Re: Since we're asking a lot about Word

Subject: Re: Since we're asking a lot about Word
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:10:32 -0400

Hallo:

I found success by turning off the Automatically Update checkbox that exists
for each style. Also, I usually wade through the Autocorrect feature turning
off auto update items. Finally, if all else fails, wade into Normal.dot and
change it. This will cause any unrequested style updates to be to those
styles that you designed, not Microsoft's. Be sure to make a backup copy
because Normal.dot gets corrupted a lot and if Normal.dot is missing, Word
automatically re-creates a default replacement. Also, be ready for software
crashes with a significantly modified Normal.dot.

And switch to FrameMaker, will ya <vbg>.

All the best,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=