Re: writing a corporate style guide from scratch

Subject: Re: writing a corporate style guide from scratch
From: "Higgins, Lisa" <LHiggins -at- CARRIERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:15:36 -0600

Don't reinvent the wheel. Start out with an established style guide, then
address deviations, additions, and company-specific issues in a separate
document.

I'd recommend Chicago personally, but you could use just about anything you
want, really. Sun, Wired, and Microsoft all have non-prescription,
over-the-counter style guides, for example.

As far as your approach, take it slowly. Address the issues you know need to
be addressed right away, and then address each issue as it comes up. Keep it
a manageable, accessible, living document. Give everyone a chance to provide
their input, and try not to get too carried away with it. (Before I get
flamed here, I'm speaking from experience.)

Lisa.

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/contractors.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=