writing a corporate style guide from scratch

Subject: writing a corporate style guide from scratch
From: Ann Howell <ahowell -at- POOLMAIL -dot- DOLPHINSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:11:37 -0400

A number of you seem to have experience writing corporate style guides. I have
just started a new job at a relatively new company which doesn't yet have a
style guide. Although the documentation dept. is small at this point (4 people,
including the manager), I'm thinking that creating a style guide at this early
stage would help ensure consistency down the road. We have a few manuals in
progress and so far we've just been working off of a common template to ensure
that the format is consistent. Does anyone have any tips on where to start?

Ann Howell
Dolphin Software Services, ULC.
http://dolphinsoftware.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=