Re: mac conversion

Subject: Re: mac conversion
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:03:45 -0400

It's certainly possible, but it will be helpful to know which format the
graphics are in now.

If they're in a Mac-specific raster (bitmapped) format, which is limited
pretty much to PICT or MacPaint/PNT (way, way old format), you can
convert them with a utility such as PaintShop Pro to a format Word can
handle.

If they're in a more cross-platform raster format, such as TIFF or GIF,
you can simply give them the necessary three-character extension and
import them without conversion.

If they're in a vector format, such as Illustrator, Freehand, Canvas, and
so on, you'll need the original software or the Windows-based version of
the same software to convert them. The exception to this is EPS, which
can be placed (if not necessarily viewed) into Word as-is and printed
without problems.

Hope this helps, but without more information, only general advice is
possible...

----->Mike

On 7/5/1999 10:26 PM, Henry Vandelinde (vandelinde -at- WORDTEK -dot- COM) wrote:

>I'm trying to access some Mac graphics into Word.
>
>Anybody have a clue if this is possible?
>
>I'm Mac thick and have no idea on what to do.

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=