Re: The telecommuting myth

Subject: Re: The telecommuting myth
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 16:11:14 -0400

Well, in the past five years of contracting (online help and manuals,
mainly) I've spent a total of perhaps two months on-site. I've been
working for clients in the greater Boston area from Colorado and
Baltimore without any need to be onsite except for flying up for
occasional days in the office.

My most "needy" client, as far as being onsite has gone, had me up about
every four or five weeks for several days at a time. My least needy
client never met me face-to-face at all.

It can be done pretty easily, once you convince the clients. And *none*
of my clients has been unhappy with the results, at least that they've
communicated to me.

Perhaps this will give someone hope...

----->Mike

P.S. Get a very, very good speakerphone, and a very, very fast Internet
connection. E-mail, ftp, VPN, and SSH are your friends...

On 7/5/1999 10:03 AM, Ron Sering (rsering -at- EXCALIB -dot- COM) wrote:

>So I
>have concluded that telecommuting is something that the magazines and Sunday
>supplements like to write about as a Big Trend, but that it has only
>miniscule acceptance in the Real World. Thoughts, anyone? If anyone is out
>there besides me....

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=