Re: online help for java applet?

Subject: Re: online help for java applet?
From: Chuck <writer -at- BEST -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:37:54 -0700

Conside Oracle Help for Java, free from their web site.

I had wanted JavaHelp to be *it* for Java applications and applets, but
after seeing what the JavaHelp team produced when I was at the Jumpstart
Conference for JavaHelp Technology this spring, it was clear the
JavaHelp just is Not Ready for Prime Time--and it's not just a matter of
not being able to print.

Oracle Help for Java isn't supported by as many outside vending tool as
JavaHelp (yet), but I think one or two already do, and more could come
on board. Oracle Help is quite a bit more robust that JavaHelp
currently, and should be a good solution.

About a year and a half ago, I wrote an article for the Online Help
Journal evaluating Java-based Help technologies. Oracle Help was the
best of breed then, and it still seems to be now.

--
"[Programmers] cannot successfully be asked to design for users
because...inevitably, they will make judgments based on the

Chuck Martin
writer"at"best.com www.writeforyou.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=