Re: [2] Reprinting a manual before new software version

Subject: Re: [2] Reprinting a manual before new software version
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- XCERT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:07:24 -0700

Darren et al,

One thing I don't think I made clear in my original
response was that it is my understanding and
experience that companies do not ship different
docs for the same version of a product.

Thus, the original document shipped with x.0
version of the product is always associated with
x.0, even if the doc is out of date -- the assumption
is that x.0 version of the product is out of date as
well. When enough changes have accumulated in
the product to warrant a new release (and a new
version number), then an updated document is
shipped to customers.

Hope this clarifies my answer somewhat.

Cheers, Rowena