Re: Airport shuttle

Subject: Re: Airport shuttle
From: Chuck <writer -at- BEST -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:16:25 -0700

This is an excellent example of how communications and usability are
involved in day-to-day life everywhere, as shown clearly in Donald
Norman's book "The Design of Everyday Things."

One of my favorite examples is in San Francisco, at the Hyatt at the end
of Market St. Along one sidewalk is a glass wall with a couple of doors
in the middle. The doors are apparenly not to be used for entering the
hotel; they have the words "Exit Only" printed on the glass--but facing
inward! (The people who would need to know this are the people outside,
who see those words backward.)

--
"[Programmers] cannot successfully be asked to design for users
because...inevitably, they will make judgments based on the

Chuck Martin
writer"at"best.com www.writeforyou.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=