Re: FrameMaker and WebWorks

Subject: Re: FrameMaker and WebWorks
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:15:18 -0400

Hallo:

1. Check out http://www.quadralay.com for information about WebWorks
Publisher (WWP). 5.02 is the latest release.

2. WWP takes FrameMaker files and converts them to online help format.
Supported formats includes the old winhelp variety, as well as plain HTML,
Microsoft's proprietary compiled HTMLHelp, Java-based HTML help . . ..

3. If, by "Web Works to create the HTML," you mean the FrameMaker docs are
to be used to create HTML-based online help, then WWP is an excellent,
powerful, difficult-to-learn tool (not helped much by the documentation,
which is thorough but also difficult to use).

4. If, , by "Web Works to create the HTML," you mean something other than
online help, then, yes, WWP gets you to HTML better than FrameMaker's OEM
filter. However, depending on the deliverable, I'd consider other routes,
such as delivery as PDF, or true web authoring tools (DreamWeaver,
Frontpage, HoTMetaL Pro, etc.).

5. Good luck with the job!!!

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com