Re: graphics reference

Subject: Re: graphics reference
From: Gen Whitt <Gen -dot- Whitt -at- SDINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:02:22 -0700

Hi Carolyn.

At the STC conference in Anaheim last year, I attended a session on
graphics given by Neil Perlin. It was great. Very knowledgeable guy.

He recommended a book -- Encyclopedia of Graphics File Formats, second
edition -- Murray and VanRyper, O'Reilly. It was a big fat book, and looked
great. I haven't bought it yet so can't personally recommend it, but it's
definitely worth checking into.

Best,

Gen

>Tim Altom recommends, "Get a good book on this subject if you're
>venturing into it regularly. A lot of our more tedious work is in this
>area, translating graphics from one platform, resolution, or format to
>another."
>
>Any suggestions out there about good books on this subject?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=