Re: "Use" (Was: "Ability" etc.)

Subject: Re: "Use" (Was: "Ability" etc.)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:39:21 -0700

> >OK, the reason for the word "use".
> >
> >When my user picks a selection from the list, they
> are
> >initiating a process, sometimes a step or two,
> other
> >times, a procedure that may take them through
> almost

<snip>

> >It's not a case of "Select this, this happens".
>
> Ah, this might indeed be a case where "use" is
> appropriate. Any vague word
> can be clear if it's surrounded by appropriate
> context.
>
> But hey, let's not give up so easily! Have you
> considered my suggestion
> for a two-column table? That also works for start
> points for big, complex

Hi, Ben. I am (or will be) using tables in the
document. Even though I am writing this beast in
Frame, when it comes time to "deliver" the document to
the client, I need to deliver it in Word, with each
step in a table format.

The overall format is:
|-------|-----------------------------------|
|Step 1 | Do this yada, yada, yada. |