Re: Response of compensation question

Subject: Re: Response of compensation question
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:43:15 -0500

At 03:07 PM 6/18/99 -0500, Carla McKenzie wrote:
>Wow, look at the response the compensation question is getting. I'm
>sure
>"my friend" is in tears about now. This was an innocently solicited
>message.

I'm sort of confused here. Is your friend on the list? If so, why
didn't she post her own question? If she isn't, I expect that you can
probably find a way to gently sugar-coat the collective response of
takes the contracting route. It doesn't seem to me to be an issue for
tears.

I'm sorry that she didn't get the answer that she wanted, but isn't she
better off looking for jobs based on realistic expectations?

(I had a reality check yesterday, when a friend said that she was
interviewing for a data-entry job that she really hoped to get, because
it paid well -- $10/hr.)

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=