Re: PaintShop Pro5 vs. Photoshop???

Subject: Re: PaintShop Pro5 vs. Photoshop???
From: Jane Bergen <jbergen1 -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:38:43 -0500

Peter,

Unless you are seriously into graphic production, PaintShop Pro 5.0 is
perfectly adequate. I use it every day of my life and like it. I do
have Photoshop 4.0 also and chose not to upgrade to 5.0 because of the
cost, plus the fact that I just plain don't need its advanced
features. As I understand it, the advanced features are good only if
you have to produce color manuals. I doctor screenshots all day with
PaintShop Pro, including replacing colors, replacing text (to make
dummied up names), etc.

Hope that helps. I think we've had this discussion on this list
before, and the general consensus was that PSP was the way to go in
most cases.

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Communication
jbergen1 -at- earthlink -dot- net