placing Oracle Designer 2000 diagrams/matrix in Word

Subject: placing Oracle Designer 2000 diagrams/matrix in Word
From: Charmaine Brandon <cjblist -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:49:16 PDT

Hello TECHWR-Lers,

I am trying to place some Oracle Designer 2000 diagrams into a Word 97
document, with no luck. The diagrams are in the Function Hierarchy, Entity
Relationship, and Module Structure pieces of the app. We have Solutron's
Publisher 2000, which claims to extract D2K diagrams to place in docs, but
after reviewing their documentation (including web site stuff) and making
several tries with no success, I'm stumped. Has anyone done this before? I
searched the archives and found that a similar question was posted last
year, but I didn't find any responses.

It could be that I simply don't know how to use Publisher 2000. The software
is new to me, and the accompanying documentation is sparse and not extremely
user friendly. If anyone wants to suggest some tool other than Publisher
2000, I'm very open to it, but it would need to be shareware or freeware
since I'm on a very short-term contract and I don't think the client would
be willing to invest in new software. Also, I've tried using Paint Shop Pro
to capture a picture of the graphic, but I can't get the grabber tool to
work with D2K. I've been hacking at this problem all day, so the solution
may be very simple, but right now my brain is so fried it's hard to think.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please respond to my email address, I
get the list in digest format. If there's interest, I'll post a summary of
the responses.

TIA,

Jeannie
cjblist -at- hotmail -dot- com