Re: Reader Response Forms

Subject: Re: Reader Response Forms
From: Lane Pasut <Larissa -dot- Pasut -at- OMEGARESEARCH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:12:06 -0400

Wendy wrote:

At my previous job I had a reader response card in all manuals for
11
years. Although I tried a variety of different approaches during
that time,
I never received a single one back.

For what it's worth, my experience has been the same. I gave up on reader
response cards, etc. a few years back.

Instead, we include very specific questions regarding documentation/training
in our return survey (questions clients must answer in order to return the
product) and have weekly meetings with the technical support department that
serve to orient customer support technicians to the design of our
documentation/training and provide us with invaluable feedback.

We also obtain feedback by means of our customer workshops (we're lucky in
that way, we have monthly contact with new users in a learning environment).

Cheers,

Lane Pasut
User Education
Omega Research, Inc.